We are an independent media collective, based in Dublin, Ireland, run by Gary Tuohy and Mark King. We currently represent visual artists and musicians and reguarly organise and promote both indvidual performances, tours, recordings and collaberations for and between our artists. We have been involved in independent music as artists, promoters and general layabouts for over 8 years, and along the way could have done with some help with planning, releasing, promoting and sustaining many of our projects and ambitions. Quite simply, that is what we do.
We help our artists get the recognition we feel they deserve. In recent years, our vibrant little music scene has seen a healthy expansion in to nationwide and international markets and audiences, ever increasing artists' reliance on imaginative, professional and stable representation and assistance. We're not a big label, we don't have big budgets, and we don't expect to make much, if any money from this. It is most certainly a labour of love and the rewards are in the product, not the price. We have good relationships with musicians, engineers, producers, labels, management, promoters and distributors and help our artists forge the same.
Since the beginning of 2011, we have released several EPs and an album, collaberating with visual artists and working with bands, venues, promoters and media to ensure full houses on each occasion. We have organised a 2 week nationwide AV tour, the first of it's kind in ireland and will visit the UK with the same this year. Our 2011 Dublin audio visual showcases culminated in a sold out New Year's Eve show in the Twisted Pepper. A hoot to be exact.
Our artists have been pretty busy too.
- Performing live visual mapping on a number of surfaces including purpose built props and structures (Unitarian Chruch - Slipdraft for Halves),
- Launched EPs to capacity filled venues (Friend?, Overhead, The Albatross, Alarmist, Eatenbybears)
- Performing at many festivals including Electric Picnic, Knockanstockan and Life (EatenbyBears, Friend?)
- Projecting 3D visuals on purpose built structures for international clients (Electric Picnic, Calvin Harris, Japanese Popstars, OFFSET)
- Produced exclusive tracks for Charity (IMDA Charity - Overhead, The Albatross)
- Working on new releases for 2012 release on digital, vinyl and AV synced performance
- Currently working with us on an exciting new project that will help us do this on a far grander scale. How exciting.
Big change doesn't happen overnight, but right now we're working on somthing that has us giddy with excitement. It will help us contribute so much more to Irish independent music and Dublin's resources, and very shortly we'll announce our plans.
Artist wise, we are always on the lookout for new, exciting and orginal acts, and will continue to support our roster in whatever ways we can. If you want to be a part of the collective, or even just want to help out, contact us. Cheers!